So what would be some Characteristics of Software As a Service, well I’m always here to tell you and keep you entertain with my posts. SaaS is a rapidly growing market as a survey that was taken in recent reports that predict ongoing double digit growth.This rapid growth indicates that SaaS will soon become very common within every organization and businesses, it is important that buyers and users of technology understand what SaaS is and where it is suitable. The following are some of the characteristics of SaaS:
- Web access to commercial software
- Software is managed from a central location
- Software delivered in a “one to many” model
- Users not required to handle software upgrades and patches
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) allow for integration between
- different pieces of software.
Where SaaS make sense: Cloud Computing generally, and SaaS in particular, is a rapidly growing method of delivering technology. So that being said, that if there’s any organizations or any business considering a move to Cloud will want to consider which applications they should move to SaaS. There are some solutions for moving to SaaS as following:
- Applications where there is significant interplay between the organization and the outside world. For example, email newsletter campaign software.
- Applications that have a significant need for web or mobile access. An example would be mobile sales management software.
- Software that is only to be used for a short term need. An example of that would be collaboration software for a specific project
- Software where demand spikes significantly, for example tax or billing software used once a month.